Monday, November 16, 2009

From the October Newsletter


The following is from the October edition of the monthly newsletter we receive from our friends in Sovietsk. The note below was written by one of the young ladies who was relatively new to the orphanage. Over the course of our time there she developed a close bond with two of our travelers in particular.


Dear American friends,

Today it’s me who will send you all our love and I will tell you what’s new in our orphanage. So it’s already October and we all study hard. I had some very bad marks but I’ve managed to improve them. By the way, thanks to your visit my English has become better, even my teachers admit this fact.

We had much fun in September. We had a Disco. Now I also have many friends here in Grehovo and in Sovietsk. I feel at home. Though of course there were some hard things and feelings and so on…but now everything is great!!! Soon I will have my 15th birthday. I nearly can’t wait!!!!

I miss Sarah and Ben, Steve and Barb, and especially Katherine and Jennifer. We all miss you here and want you to return next year!!!

Kisses, hugs and much love from us all and me especially,
Sasha


Stay tuned for more excerpts from the October newsletter...

No comments: