Monday, August 23, 2010

Another Supply Drive Update

The trip is coming up very soon and we're getting pretty excited. The good news is that we've gotten some items donated recently. Some very nice people have purchased flashlights and batteries for all 33 kids! But we still have some work to do. So here's an update on what we still need for our supply drive:

-30 stress balls (preferably with gel inside and faces are great)
-33 wooden massagers
-16 jars of nail polish
-33 lip balms or lip glosses
-31 small photo albums
-31 gel pens
-28 stationary sets
-toy fruits and vegetables
-sugarless gum with xylitol

We're also looking for people to write letters to the kids for us to take with us. On the right side of the blog you'll find some tips and guidelines for writing letters. If you'd like to write a letter, simply comment on this post and we'll get in touch with you.

You can also of course donate money to the Sovietsk Fund at Children's HopeChest (hopechest.org). This money goes toward supplies and programming.

Thanks to everyone who has chipped in. It always comes together every year.

2 comments:

Murphy Family said...

I would love to write a letter and was thinking it could even be to my current pen pal. I sent you an email last week with questions...shot me an email or give me a call. I have pictures that I am ready to include in the leter and since I usually do my letters via email I thought it woudl be fun for my pen pal to receive a hand written letter and some real pictures.

Deanna Murphy

Sarah said...

Hi, Deanna!
I missed your email--so sorry! Hand-written letters are great. Your pen pal would love a handwritten letter and pictures! I'll email. Thanks!!!